Click on the thumbnails for alternate coin views
Silver Peace Dollar
- Silver content: 0.77344 troy oz
- Gross weight: 26.73 g
- Composition: .900 silver .100 copper
- Denomination: $1
- Coin diameter: 1.5 in (38.1 mm)
- Thickness: 0.122 in (3.1mm)
- Mint dates: 1921-1928; 1934 – 1935
- Mint marks: D, S. Located above tip of eagle’s wings on reverse. Philadelphia Mint specimens lack mint mark.
The Peace Dollar was the result of a competition to find designs emblematic of peace. Its obverse represents the head and neck of the Goddess of Liberty in profile, and the reverse depicts a bald eagle at rest clutching an olive branch, with the legend "Peace". It was the last United States dollar coin to be struck for circulation in silver.
The Peace Dollar was minted by the Philadelphia, Denver, and San Francisco Mint.
Guaranteed by the Federal Government, Peace Dollars are globally respected for their quality and purity.
Gold Alliance can help you protect your future
“Customer review goes here…”